Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Four blocks North of 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Room rates and reservations (subject to change anytime):
Couple Weekly Rates
- Private Room and locking door with a Shared Bath is $325.00 per week..
Private Room and locking door with a Private Bath is $355.00 per week.
Couple Long-term Rates
- On your fifth week we give a one-time $75.00 discount per person.
Each week thereafter, the fee for a Private Room with a Shared Bath is $295 per week.
Each week thereafter, the price for a Private Room with a Private Bath is $325 per week.
Single Person Weekly Rates
- Price for a Private Room and locking door with a Shared Bath is $275.00 per week.
Price for a Private Room and locking door with a Private Bath is $305.00 per week.
Single Person Long-term Rates
- On your fifth week we give a one-time $75.00 discount.
Each week thereafter, a Private Room with a Shared Bath is $260.00 per week.
Each week thereafter, a Private Room with a Private Bath is $290.00 per week.
- $100 cash security deposit is due upon arrival to cover lost keys, towels, and minor damage. Professional repair fees, due to damages caused by a guest’s mistreatment of the walls, doors, locks, equipment, furnishings of any kind, etc., above the $100 deposit, are the sole responsibility of the guest. Guests will be charged in-full to repair damage caused by their actions. Guest who are asked to vacate the premises will NOT have their security deposit returned.
- Living room with digital cable TV
- Dining room with adjacent kitchen
- Kitchen fully equipped with extractor, dishes, toaster, blender, coffee maker and utensils
- All rooms stocked with hangers, sheets and towels
- Laundry (Washer and Dryer)
- Iron and ironing board
- Housekeeping service
- Fully furnished with 100% cotton towels and sheets, comfortable beds, sofas and chairs
- High Speed Wireless Internet
- Secured covered bicycle racks for 5 bikes (bring your own lock)
608 S.W. 17th Street Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. 33315
- Phone: 954. 523. 1418 or 954. 849. 1882
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: N/A
- Contact: N/A
- $350/week for the 2nd floor suite / bath: Queen bedroom, bath, living room, patio, kitchenette
- $250/week Queen bedroom / Bath: Queen bedroom, bath, kitchenette
- $50 extra per week for couples
- Each room includes: private bath, wireless internet, microwave, laundry facilities, small fridge, outside pool, desk, patio’s
- A house with pool
716 SE 17th St. Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- Phone: 954.525.9559
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Website: www.smart-move.com
- Contact: N/A
- Crew houses are cleaned every week. The housekeeping team cleans the following areas – living room, bathrooms, dining room, kitchen and patio; and replenishes supplies – toilet paper, paper towels, soap and trash bags.
- Cleaning fee: A required one-time, non-refundable cleaning fee which varies depending on the property size. It does not depend on duration of your stay. This ensures you move into a spotless property and when you move out you don’t need to do any cleaning at all.
- Crew houses are coed, and so are the bedrooms and bathrooms.
- A crew house only for girls is also available upon request.
- They provide linens and towels.
- Kitchens are fully equipped.
2-3 people per room
- Rates are subject to change. (Rates may depend on the type of property you use, and your unique situation, or duration of your stay.)
- Please check this out Funny Crew Stories on their website. It appears that they really do take care of your needs while you stay there. The front desk should be addressed when there is any maintenance issue.
- Crew House culture and etiquette
In the event of a cancellation or early departure on a one (1) month booking,
- you are charged with the higher weekly rate for at least the first three (3) weeks of your month.
- Your balance is refunded.
- On weekly rates, the 1st week is non-refundable.
- Laundry facilities including iron and ironing board (some are coin operated/complimentary)
- Pet Friendly properties (required a non-refundable pet fee)
Price Range for the Shared Crew Houses
- $185 per week during high season
- $160 per week during summer
- $20 one-time non-refundable cleaning fee
Shared Crew Houses
- Little John’s Island (3 beds/ 1 Bath)
- Vito’s Hideaway (2 beds/ 1 bath)
- Doc’s Place (2 beds/ 1 bath)
- Captain’s Quarters (2 beds/ 2 baths)
- Garden of Eden (2 beds/ 2 baths)
- Crossroads Crew House (4 beds/ 2 baths)
- Fully furnished, BBQ Grill included, fully equipped kitchen
- Cable TV/satellite, parking, basic cleaning supplies, flat screen TV, Wifi, free standing, completely equipped bathroom(s), housekeeping service available (additional charge), garden, laundry facilities, electronic door locks (no keys)
Off of 17th Street (contact for location)
- Phone: 954. 235. 0589
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.anchoredcrewhouse.com
- Contact: Anchored Crew
Number of people in every room:
- a maximum of 4
- Shared $200 per week
- Private Room one person: $350 per week
- Private Room two people: $400 per week
- Student discounts available
- satellite TV, wireless internet, laundry facilities, a patio area with barbecue grills and seating; car storage is also available
816 SE 12th St. Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- $200 per week, all taxes included
- $210 per week – cost for the house with the pool
- Refundable $20 key deposit and a refundable 1-week security deposit of $200 (returned to you when you leave)
- Translated, the cost is $420 or $430 to move in.
- Accepts: Travelers Cheques or Cash
- You can pay with a card (with extra charges).
- Note: If you happen to stay there for 6 weeks or longer, the rate goes down to $190 or $200 per week.
- Males and females got their own space.
You are provided with:
- bedding, 2 pillows (on your bed), sheets, a quilt, and towel and washcloth
- If you need extra towel, you need to pack for yourself.
- One person is assigned to take care of washing the remaining dishes in the kitchen and out by the pool everyday, as well as take out the garbage and recycling.
- Note: Your turn to clean only comes up perhaps twice or three times a month. It also includes whether you cook and use any dishes. (Taking turns, as they say, serves as training for the Yachties.)
- Mary’s Crew House cleans the place only once a week, and expects you to keep up with it in between. (They encourage Yachties to pitch in and contribute to the smooth running of the Crew House, as their home while staying there.)
- All houses have large fully functional kitchens, large community living rooms, washing machines and dryers, and barbecue and outdoor seating areas.
- All apartments have full free internet and WiFi access.
- Large TV with cable access in every room
- Fully Heated swimming pool at House 1
- Exercise equipment
- Free pick up when you arrive in town
- Personal lockers for valuables
- Full bedrooms with plenty of personal space
- Computer, fax/copier/printer/ scanner machine, telephone
417 SE 16th St. Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- Phone: 954. 763. 1050
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.theneptunegroup.com
- Contact: D.J. Parker and Captain Dwight
1) Budget First Accommodation
- Shared bedroom in a 2-bedroom apartment: $40 per night/ $160 per week/ $600 per month
2) Privacy Accommodation
- A private room (secured with its own key) offered in a two-bedroom apartment for $60 per night/ $280 per week/ $950 per month.
- Amenities: a spacious living room, a fully equipped kitchen, and a full bathroom
3) Maximum Privacy Accommodation
- A private one-bedroom & one-bathroom apartment for $80 per night/ $320 per week/ $1,200 per month
- All of their 1/1 apartments have fully equipped kitchens, bedrooms with queen size beds, and living rooms.
- Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of deposit.
- Credit cards are accepted with 4% processing fee.
- Taxes not included. (Enrolled students are tax exempt.)
- A deposit is equal to 1 week’s rent. Deposit payment can be accomplished by phone or email. Provide the following information in your email: card holder’s name, card number, expiration date, CVV (Security) code, postal code/zip code billing address
For cancellation of fees for deposits:
- Cancel > 3 days – Refund = Deposit – 1-Night Cancellation Fee
- Cancel 3 days or less = Deposit is forfeited.
- If you only postpone your visit, your deposit can have a future date less a 1-night cancellation fee.
Neptune’s accommodations are “all inclusive” of:
- all booking fees
- all cleaning fees
- all linens
- all utilities
- fully equipped kitchens
- WiFi with broadband internet
- cable or sat TV
- kitchen and bath paper & cleaning products
- Cleaning services are included, as well as the BBQ grills and laundry facilities (located onsite at each property).
- Bicycles and mopeds are available for rent.
- Pets are allowed only at selected properties with prior written permission from Neptune Group. Also, a separate pet deposit is required.
What to Expect:
- Many crew living in one house
- Many crew living in one room
- Potential for Daywork drop ins (see below)
- Strict house rules on many topics including cleanliness
- Despite rules, loud evenings from parties and crew coming back after drinking
- Opportunity to network with Crew
- A fun experience
Your first job starts with how you behave in the Crew house
Yachting is a small industry and believe it or not word about your behavior in the Crew house will get around to potential employers and agents. If you are serious about finding a job it’s important that you show your professionalism from the beginning.
Additionally, getting up early to walk the the docks, meet agents and send CVs will land you a job much quicker than anyone else sleeping in or taking a “sick day” after a big night out.
Importance of relations with Crew house owner/manager:
Often Crew house owners and managers were once Yachties themselves. Even if they weren’t they will have connections with people in the industry. If you are serious about finding work, build a good relationship with them and if appropriate even ask them to let you know if they hear of any daywork.
Many Captains and Heads of Departments call Crew house owners and managers to find dayworkers. Be professional even when not looking for work and it will pay off.
Daywork Drop In’s:
Many Heads of Departments will randomly stop by popular Crew houses looking for Dayworkers. They will ask for CVs or even hire who they think looks the most professional on the spot.
You will improve your chances of being hired by:
- Having copies of your CV ready
- Being awake and dressed appropriately at a reasonable hour
- Looking fresh, not hungover
- Treating anyone who stops over as a potential employer by speaking to them professionally and with a keen attitude